Get On Board with The Surfboard Warehouse!
Jobs and Careers
Have you always wanted a career in the surfing or SUP industry? We know how you feel. At The Surfboard Warehouse we're pretty blessed that we get to work in a field that we’re all so passionate about. And the regular product testing days out on the ocean aren’t too bad either!!
Well, now's your chance to get one step closer to working in an industry that you truly love! We currently have two job roles available.
Byron Bay Store Manager Zach mucking around on an Atlantis Soft SUP
Check out our Seek ad for our PPT Retail Assistant role currently available at our Miami factory outlet. This role is perfect for a uni student or someone looking for regular part time work that really knows how to sell boards, has stellar customer service skills and can confidently run a retail shop. If you are interested, please apply for this role through the Seek ad.
Sales & Customer Service Manager Jarrod testing out our new Incognito 2
Marketing Content Development:
This is a kicker role and an incredible career opportunity for the right person. This role gives you the chance to combine your love of all things surf and SUP with your keen creative and strategic experience. We’re reaching for the stars with this one – we’re looking for someone that has it all; strategic ideas, industry contacts and brilliant creative skills to implement our campaigns. Experience is key for this role – we want someone that has the demonstrated experience to back up their killer marketing ideas. The role is advertised on Pedestrian Jobs and Mumbrella, and the full job details are below:
The Surfboard Warehouse is looking for a marketing wiz that will not only develop the ideas for driving our brand and business, but has the creative flair to implement them. You will be our Marketing Plan champion!
Internally you will work with the management, online sales and in-store sales teams to develop a plan and budget for the branding and promotion of the business. You will also be responsible for producing the content and material required for both traditional and digital mediums, and through the management of supplier and online outlet relationships you will implement tactics informed by the approved Marketing Plan, with the goal of increasing community engagement and sales.
Creative flair is key - we are looking for someone that can design, write, and is comfortable implementing a busy social, digital and in-store media schedule of material. Having a love of and experience in the surf and/or SUP industry is also a huge bonus. We are looking for someone that understands our target market and can speak their language.
- Assisting with the development of the Marketing Plan, creation of required material and implementation of online marketing and product campaigns to raise brand awareness and convert to sales.
- Implementing agreed strategies to drive online traffic to the company website, with the ultimate goal of converting to sales, either directly online, over the phone or in-store.
- Creating in-house required artwork and written content eg: blogs, online banners, in-store signage, social media posts, video content, newsletters etc.
- Developing and implementing the social media strategy.
- Assisting with the redesign of the company website.
- Constantly improving the usability, design, content and conversion of the company website.
- Responsibility for planning and budgetary control of all marketing material.
- Review new technologies and keep the company at the forefront of developments in digital marketing.
- Integrating online and in-store messaging to ensure a consistent approach across all channels.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will posses the following criteria.
- Tertiary qualification in marketing.
- Further qualification or equivalent demonstrated experience in a digital content development role with design, writing, social media and e-commerce experience.
- Adept in design and video programs including Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Premiere.
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing content across multiple digital channels.
- A confident and talented writer, able to adapt their writing to the appropriate register.
- Experience and a practiced knowledge of the surf hardware industry, with retail background highly regarded.
- Content Management System experience. Experience with Magento and/or Wordpress highly regarded.
- Strong understanding of current online, social media, Database management and e-marketing concepts, strategy and best practice.
- Experience in e-commerce, SEO, PPC, Email marketing, and social media.
- Experience using and reporting from Google Analytics.
- Impeccable organisational skills with demonstrated attention to detail and creative flair!
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Ability to be flexible and work within a dynamic team.
Working at The Surfboard Warehouse, you will be part of a team that love what they do and are proud to be part of this hard working group. The job comes with some pretty amazing perks - including regular location and product shoots. To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high number of applications expected, please understand that only applicants that are shortlisted for an interview will receive a response.
- CONTACT NAME - Emma Patrick
- CONTACT EMAIL - email@example.com
- WEBSITE - www.thesurfboardwarehouse.com.au
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Surfboard-Warehouse/108271259271425
- TWITTER - https://twitter.com/sw2011
- INSTAGRAM @thesurfboardwarehouse
If either of these roles look like your dream job, then we’d love to hear from you. Please apply with a cover letter and CV through the appropriate channels. Best of luck to all you job hunters!!
Zach and Chrisso testing out some product in Byron Bay